Bits and pieces, thoughts, rants, fancies and learnings of a wallflower, a food aficionado, and a chef wannabe. welcome to my planet!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Retrospect of my 2008

I’m back folks with my last post for this year, well, my year-end post actually. At this hour, you may have already started writing down your new year’s resolution. Yeah, we’ve already done it before—probably many, many times and the resolution that we patiently commit to follow only seems to last for a few weeks. But before the year ends, let me give you a personal update of the year that was.

From NGO to LGU. I never imagined myself to be working in a local government. I am no political person nor do I have any knowledge about the local affairs. But things seemed to have conspired and in a matter of less than 15 minutes of informal interview that day, I landed a job I never thought I would get.

While I was still in the process of whether I should give it a try or not, I told myself, if ever I’m gonna get the job, that I’m just gonna test the waters and see what I can get. And now, I’m on my 10th month! And in those months, I was made to realize the huge responsibility of being a public servant.

Second on my list:

An injured Jantox. Jan had his left knee injured this Christmas Season. Who would have ever thought this would happen to him. He could have attended the annual parolan had somebody invited him. But he opted to play basketball with his officemates. The outcome? A new pair of crutches with his left leg immobilized, and the need for a knee surgery that would cost around 110,000 bucks. Hopefully, he’ll get better soon and that the next Christmas would be more fun for both of us.

And the highlight of it all:

Something black and new. Finally, I had my first ever thing which J, my ever generous santa had given me for Christmas. Thank you sweetie! =)

Happy new year to everyone!

No comments: